So I guess David was not so lucky and ended up last night waking up with the flu. Well, after he got all settled I could not get back to sleep and these are some of the things that I stayed up thinking about...
Why is it that even though I have done it before, I feel like a first time mom again? This thought came from the fact that right now Brinn is still sleeping in our room, but in a few weeks we can finally move her to her own room in our new house. Then I started wondering if it was time for her to be taking more scheduled naps and if I should try to get her to stop eating during the nights. For the life of me I cannot remember how old Aidan was when he started doing things like that. I also can't remember how I, or I guess I should say we, eventually accomplished them. Am I the only one who suffers from this or am I just a really bad mom :)? I can't remember how old he was when he first sat up, first tooth, first crawl or first walk, and of course the all important transition to a routine. I know I have all these major milestones scrap-booked (which is currently packed away in storage) but still I think it's just crazy. I wonder if I will still feel like this when I am on my fourth or fifth kid?
Why is it that the minute one kid falls asleep, the other wakes up only minutes later as if they are tag teaming to keep mom up. Brinn woke up at 5:15 this morning and so I finally got her back to sleep around 5:50 and right as I was about to drift off I hear Aidan up-n-at-em. Can't a mom catch a break :)? But in all seriousness, this happens all the time and again I ask myself does anyone else suffer from this?
Why is it that my 2 year old thinks that it is snack time all the time? Okay, now I know this was magnified by my 2.5 hours of sleep last night but this morning at 6:00 Aidan was asking for snack. Really not a big deal except for the fact that that is all he eats. I can't get him to eat anything but crackers, pretzels, and fruit. He is the pickiest eater I know. He never eats what we are having for dinner because he does not like ground beef or chicken (except for chicken nuggets), and even if I take the meat out he still won't eat it most of the time. He does not like vegetables and we have tried juicing them up with fruit but he won't touch them. He asks for snacks probably a hundred times a day. We are at a loss of what to do next. So when he asked for snacks this morning... let's just say it was a long morning for both of us.
I know I had another profound thought while I was lying in bed this morning but right now my brain is mush. I am sure the second my head hits the pillow tonight I will remember it clearly... that in-and-of itself is another weird thing. I will have a dream, try to remember it all day with no luck, and then the second I lay down at night it all comes back to me. Anyone, anyone? Well now that I have vented all my thoughts I can put the long night behind me and go have a good day... as long as Aidan does not ask for SNACKS! :)
8 years ago
4 comments:
Tiff-
Although I haven't gotten to a second child yet, I totally understand. Everyone always asks how I got Landon to sleep through the night so fast and when he started teething, and I am always like, "????". I never remember things like that. And he won't drink regular mily anymore. He always wants chocolate milk, now that we live with my in-laws. We try to give him regular milk and he takes a drink and then says, "yuck". Drives me crazy!
That is so funny that you wrote that just today, because we have just been talking about the exact same thing! It seemed so natural to get Mylie on a schedule, and now I'm panicking that Nolan isn't on one yet! How did we do that? It's like I don't remember having a newborn - like I "woke up" when she turned 6 months old or something. Not to mention, the second child gets away with much more than the first (i.e. coming in to our bed, just so I can get a little shut-eye). Who knows. But no, you are definitely not alone!
Oh, and also, Mylie prefers to eat only cold cereal and yogurt - for each and every meal :)
The picture thing is picasa. Picasa is a google program you download for free. (Just search picasa). It is linked with blogger, so you can search your computer for all your pictures, then when you select what you want to blog (It will only let you do four at a time) you just click blog this and it automatically resizes and posts them to the blog for you, so its very fast and easy. You can also select a bunch of pictures (I've done up to 50) and then click collage. That's the checker thing. You have to select picture grid, the others are picture pile, all in one thing, and a smaller graphic sheet of all the pictures. Does this make sense? Picasa makes blogging so much easier and faster...try it out and see what you think - if you've got questions email or comment me! and I'd be glad to help...
Tiff you are so funny! I love your 5am thoughts. And I can SO relate. My goal every day when Maddi was first born was Naps at the same time for Both girls. Somedays it worked but most days Not So much! I think over time it gets better, but even today for intance little Maddi is sitting at my feet playing while the Mia is completely out and will be for at least another hour! Oh and the eating thing must be the age. Lance and I finally decided that it doesn't matter what we make for dinner. Some days Mia will just pick at it and take maybe a bite and then say I don't like it Mom, even if its something she normally eats. So we figure, we'll just keep making what we WANT her to eat and whether she choosed to do that or not is up to her! Either way with all the energy she has, she can't be starving! :)
Post a Comment