
Today is Rodeo Day at Aidan's school and he was allowed to dress up in his best rodeo getup! He has been talking about this day all week... how he can't wait to be a cowboy.
So... this morning he got on his best rodeo diggs and was ready to go except we could not find his cowboy hat ANYWHERE. I knew I had just recently seen it so I knew it had to be somewhere around the house, but after looking for about 10 minutes it was time to call off the search and finish getting ready for school.
Aidan was bummed! After all, what kind of a cowboy doesn't have a hat? Right before it was time to leave we had our morning family prayer and I asked Aidan if he would say it. Of course, in his prayer he prayed that he would be able to find his hat. After, while we were waiting for the carpool to show up we all gave it one last look around the house. In my heart I said a little prayer of my own knowing that if we could find this hat it would not only make a little boy so happy but also be a great example of faith and the power of prayer.
In the next room I could hear Aidan telling Brinn, "I wish I could find my hat. I asked Jesus to help me." I couldn't help but smile! And just then, no lie, I spotted the hat sitting on the edge of Aidan's bed underneath his balled up bed spread (in the exact place I had already check a couple times.)
"Aidan, look what I found!!!" with a big smile on my face.
"You found my hat?" I brought it around the corner and knew I had just made a cowboys day.
Casually, Aidan explained to Brinn, "Heavenly Father answers prayers. He's a good finder and knows how to find things."
On second thought... maybe it wasn't me who just made a cowboys day but rather someone else... someone who's a good finder. :)
I whispered a quite "Thank You" and realized that not only was this an awesome lesson for my little man but also for me. This realization made me whispered another "Thank You." One for Aidan and one for me.
8 years ago
3 comments:
That's so sweet and actually made me cry a little bit. Good job mom! :)
That's such a great story! You should submit it to The Friend!
What a great story-I love that!
Post a Comment