Monday, October 28, 2013

Aidan's Baptism

Turning 8 for us is a BIG deal! 8 is when you are old enough in our church to be baptized and it is something Aidan had been looking forward to for a long time! We had been having Family Home Evening Lessons for a few months leading up to it to learn why it's important to be baptized and what promises we are making with our Heavenly Father when we do this. It warms my heart that Aidan chose to be baptized, and I have no doubt that he will continue to grow in his desire to do those things that will make his Father in Heaven happy. 
 
I asked Aidan if he wanted to share his feelings about his baptism and he said yes.
(If I agreed to type it.)
 
My baptism day was fun. I saw all my friends. The spirit made me feel nice when I got out of the water. I wanted to get baptized so I can be a member of the church and then I can be a missionary.  My dad baptized me and gave me the Holy Ghost. My friend Peyton also got baptized on the same day.
 

 


 
 
 
 
Aidan was baptized on the same day as his friend Peyton Clark.


 
 
 

While we missed many family members that were not able to make it, those that were able to attend besides our family were: Grandpa and Grandma Johanson, Nic, Lauren and Corbin, Holli and Dallas, and Austin.
 


0 comments:

Just For Fun...

My Background