Our most recent trip was to the hospital. Not for one of my little munchkins (thank heavens), and not for my hubby (he's had his share), which leaves me :) Sunday night after dinner I go this pain in my upper abdomen and had a hard time breathing. I had just left my parents house and so I turned back around. After about 1.5 hours it went away enough that I felt I could drive home. When I got home all the pain came back but when I went to sleep and woke in the morning I felt much better. I ate a cookie... I know I know, but about 10 mins. later I started feeling the same pain. It felt like I was doing a constant crunch and that my muscles were constantly flexing and would not relax. After about 9 hours the pain finally went away so I decided to try some applesauce and again my stomach started wrenching in pain. I went and got David at the airport at midnight and then we went straight to the ER. Well, after some tests it was determined that I had gallstones, and that it was making my liver and pancreas inflamed. By 6:45 am I was in surgery to have my gallbladder removed. That was yesterday and I just came home from the hospital today. I am in quite a lot of pain but have some good drugs :) The only thing about this was that Brinn would not take a bottle, formula or my milk, so she went for a chunk of time without anything. The lactation nurse came in and looked at my list of medications and said she would be okay nursing. So Brinn became my new roommate at the hospital so she could eat. Anyways, it has been a crazy couple of days but I will post something new when I am back into the swing of life.
Me right before my surgery.
8 years ago
10 comments:
Oh my goodness Tiffy! So scary! I'm so glad that you're okay! Good thing you went to the hospital. Hopefully the pain will go away quickly. Hopefully David can be home for a time to help you. ;) Kiss those kiddo's for me.
Britt
OH TIFF! Poor thing! That must've been aweful, especially trying to care for your little ones all the while! Glad you're doing better and got that taken care of.
One question though...why do you look so calm and happy right before your surgery? I HATE having surgery, it scares me to death, the last thing I'd be doing is smiling right before!!! You're so cute Tiff, I'm so glad we can keep in touch! I really admire all you do! Luv ya and happy recovery (speedy recovery I mean)
Rachel
Wow - what an ordeal! I'm sorry to hear about your gallstones, but am glad that you are okay and that you went to the hospital before it could turn into something worse. I'm thinking of you always and am really hoping to get to Texas this summer to visit you and the little tykes! Hugs and kisses!
Crazy stuff Tiff! I am just glad you caught it before something worse happened. Hopefully you have someone there to help you take care of the kids. I hope you get to feeling better. -Bre
Crazy!! Hope you are feeling better!
Don't be going crazy on those pain killers! We love you and are so glad that you are doing OK. Get feeling better so we can party when we come!
Wow I really AM out of the blogging loop! Well I am SO glad you called to tell me about everything today. And I am so glad that everything is okay now. :)
I can't believe it! I was just checking on sites and WOW! That was a little shock. I hope you are feeling better. I'm glad that they were able to take care of it so quickly! Your kids are adorable by the way! I can't believe how fast they have grown!
Crazy story Tiff! I had my gallbladder removed about a year ago, although my story was quite different and much more drawn out. My recovery wasn't too bad, but I didn't have 2 little ones to take care of. Hope you feel "up and at 'em" soon.
You poor thing. I remember when I had to have surgery when Carter was 2 months and I don't think I've ever felt so helpless. I couldn't even feed carter I was in so much pain. Luckily I got better and he doesn't even remember it now. I'm so sorry for you and hope you recover quick. Call if you need to talk.
Post a Comment