Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A few thoughts...

First of... isn't my hubby the greatest!!! I told him he could hijack my blog anytime he wanted to after a post like that :) And, isn't he sexy in uniform... I'm just sayin.

Now, onto a few things the kids have said lately.

- In bed this morning Aidan was cuddling with me and then out of nowhere said, "Mom, how do I know which girl to choose?"
"Which girl to choose?"
"Yeah, how do I know which girl to choose?"
"Girl to choose for what?"
"How do I know which girl to choose to marry?"
Ooohhh.... well this opened up a whole discussion about love and making sure that she is a good person and so on.
Then he said, "Oh, I get it. First you love someone and then you wait 7 weeks and then you give them a ring."
....uuuhhh let's just hope you wait a little longer than 7 weeks buddy. :)

- This morning Aidan and Brinn were awake before the alarm went off so I told them they could go and play in Brinn's room for awhile. About 20 mins. later it was time to start getting ready for the day so I went into Brinn's room to get Aidan and when I went in Aidan said, "No fair. We spent the whole time picking out clothes for Brinn and she didn't even pick anything I got down for her." I couldn't help but laugh because if you know Brinn, you know that this is so her. She always wants to get dressed first thing in the morning and she is SO OPINIONATED on what she wants to wear and what "matches." She even insists on laying out the outfit on the floor first to see how it looks before she will approve anything. I really don't know where she got this from... it is so not me! Despite the daily "arguments" this causes between the two of us, it's one of the things that I just love about her. Now, ask me if I love this quality in her when she is 16 and I might not have quite the same enthusiasm about it.

- The other day Brinn and I were talking about our friends that have moved. I told her we were going to go visit them at their new house and Brinn asked, "Do they have stairs?"
"Yes, they have stairs in their new house."
"So... (picture eyes rolling back trying to figure this one out) they moved their stairs?"
Not quite Brinn...

0 comments:

Just For Fun...

My Background