Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yard Make-over!

So, we just recently did a little make-over on the front yard. Here is the before:

(FYI- House is no longer on the market, this was just the only picture I had of the yard before. We decided to stay here for at least a few more years and I couldn't be happier.)

I always HATED (and that's a strong word) the bushes. It made everything feel so enclosed and 7-8 months out of the year the leaves would become a light green and the whole thing would look dead. So those had to go! And you can't see from this picture but back in the corner behind the bushes in front of the window there was a small spot of grass that did not grow anything but weeds. So we had to do something with that space.

And here are some after shots:

Of course the plants are babies and will grow quite a bit to fill things in a little.

(Notice the Mini in the driveway... can't wait to share my mechanic Tiffani story with you.)

I even have some beautiful roses growing!

It's amazing how much a little change changes everything :) I feel like now the house really reflects "us."

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! When I first read the title on facebook I thought it said yarn makeover, so I thought you made the flower out of yarn. Ha! We have some work to do to our yard once Shawn is home.

Kristina said...

Wow! That looks really good! I'll have to come by and see it in person!

Unknown said...

That's awesome...I know that's gotta feel so good. Don't you want to run errands so you can drive back home and see that rockin' yard AND the cutest sign on the door. Really though, it looks really different and totally reflects you guys!

Rachel said...

Wow! That looks great! How about making a quick trip to Utah to help us redo our yard, I don't even know where to start!

Just For Fun...

My Background