Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oh Brinny!

Last Nov. we ended up moving Brinn from her crib in one room to a new room with a big girl bed (toddler bed.) We faced the typical battle of her exploring her new freedom by getting out of bed about 100 times, crying, and she finally passed out in the hall after a few hours. I figured at the time that as long as she stayed in the hall and did not come around the corner to be out with us, what was the harm. Well, 4 months later she still sleeps in the hall every night. I used to try to get her to start the night off in her own bed but she only made it about 5 minutes before we transferred her and her bedding to the hall. Next we would start the night off in the hall and after she was asleep I would move her to her bed. However, she always woke up in the middle of the night and would want to move her stuff to the hall. So I have given in! We start in the hall, she stays in the hall... and she's happy! So, so am I!

3 comments:

Simply Lulu Boutique said...

That's hilarious!!! PS So not looking forward to the big girl bed and everything that comes along with it!

Lyndsey said...

Oh the things that we let go when we mommys are in survival/new baby mode!! It is so rough to get them to stay in the beds!!

Rachel said...

I haven't had this exact experience but I SO know what you mean...what do ya do? Everyone needs their sleep! You're doin' great Tiff and those kiddos are as cute as ever!

Just For Fun...

My Background