You would think with as long as it's been since my last post I might have been gallivanting across the country or the world for that matter... nope! Just been home enjoying the summer days with my kids and getting ready to send my baby to Kindergarten! Where has the time gone? As the start of school gets closer, I find myself questioning what have I not taught him that he still needs to know. How to take care of bathroom things- Still working on it! How to open his pudding and applesauce tops- Not Sure! Aaahhh! What am I missing? What am I missing???
And oh, how I would love to be a fly on the wall his first day of school! To watch the amazement and excitement he will have that first day... priceless! I mean, I seriously want a video of him in class! How fun would that be!!!
Anyone have any fun traditions they have with their kids on their first day of school??? I mean, besides the obvious picture with the backpack on???
So anyways, I promise to update with pictures soon! Owen is getting so big, Brinn has hit some big milestones :), and Aidan celebrated his 5th Birthday! So, LOTS OF PICTURES!!!
8 years ago
3 comments:
My Nathan is starting Kindergarten, too. I never worried that the girls weren't ready, but its different with Nathan (probably because he still occasionally has potty trouble). I'm going to try a new tradition this year and have a "Night before school year" mini party-- with a special dinner, bubble baths, special time to set out school clothes and prep the backpack...we'll see how it goes.
Kindergarten already?!? Wow! I have a friend with 4 boys (mostly grown now), and they always buy each kid a new pair of shoes (kid's choice, and sometimes they are crazy!) for the new school year, and they kids aren't allowed to wear them til the first day of school. And she takes pics of them and their shoes on the first day. So she has pics of their shoes for all their years of school. I have been reading her blog for a couple years, and its fun to see the boys' sense of style change. Just a thought!
Wow, Tiff, I can't believe Aidan is heading to Kindergarten this year! It seems like just yesterday we were at your shower for him and you had just told us all that you were going to name your baby Aidan. It was a popular name, but you loved it, so you didn't care. Where has the time gone?
I'm glad you've been enjoying your kiddos and the summertime!
Post a Comment