How was your Mother's Day? Mine was wonderful! David was out of town most of the day but he made sure to have Aidan take care of me... and he did!
My day started off with this...
Most moms get a nice mothers day card. I got a "No Mom's Allowed " sign that hung on Aidan's door. I heard Aidan and Brinn out in the kitchen while I was still in bed and I asked them what they were doing. "Coloring." The thought ran through my mind, "Maybe they are making me mother's day cards?" Later Aidan came in my room and told me he needed tape. "What do you need tape for." "To hang this on my door." "What is it?" "It's a no moms allowed sign... see I drew you, then I drew a circle, then I crossed you out." I got a good laugh!
Aidan really wanted to make me breakfast and was very concerned that Dad would not be here to help him. I told him I would help him but again he was very concerned that it would not be a surprise. I finally talked him into making me toast (with my help.) Needless to say, it was the best cinnamon-sugar toast I have ever had!
And my three little ones all ready for church!
Not a day goes by that I don't realize how lucky I am to be a mother and to be blessed with these beautiful children. There really is no harder job, but there is also no other job more rewarding than this and I wouldn't trade a second of it!
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment