Saturday, June 5, 2010

Memorial Day

We had David home for Memorial Day! WOO-HOO! I thought it would be fun to take the kids out to breakfast. I told the kids that morning that we were going somewhere fun... so when we pulled up in the Denny's parking lot and I told them that we were going to be eating breakfast there Aidan said, "This isn't fun. You said we were going somewhere fun. I want to go somewhere fun." Well, I think I get an A for effort!

You know what... Aidan was right. It wasn't fun! The kids would not sit still and neither one ate what they ordered. We should have stuck to our fruity pebbles at home. Oh well... maybe we will try it again in another 5 or 10 years.

Next stop, Walmart for a slip-n-slide. We have the perfect slope in our backyard! Aidan had no problem going for it.

Brinn opted to be a sunbathing beauty in the pool. (Although later I kind of forced her to go down, knowing that once she did she would love it... I was right. Never got any pictures of it though... maybe next time!)

Guess who???

If you guessed David then you would be right. And this is where he landed after I scrambled out of the way. His head was literally an inch from the fence.

And this is how we ended our day. Brinn wanted to hold Owen and a few minutes later they were both out!

The perfect day of family fun!

2 comments:

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

that's hilarious. i agree. we can never take our kids to restaurants because we can't enjoy ourselves. i guess that's what having little ones is all about...craziness. we love them anyway...right???

Unknown said...

Thanks for this post, the pic of David and the fence cracked me up. You guys do have the perfect slope for a slip-n-slide, Mekhi would be in heaven! :D

Just For Fun...

My Background