Here are the pictures for the last day of the trip...
Daivd's dad has a Russian tutor/ translator named Alex that he works with a couple times a week. He took the day off work to show us around this town that is about 1/2 hour away from Daivd's Dads town.
Here is our traditional Ukraine breakfast that he made for us. The bread in the middle of the table looks like it has big chunks of butter on it... it is actually lard. They eat it in slabs. David ate the whole thing, his mom ate a small bite, and my bite was about the size of a tick-tac.
Above mentioned lard being sold at the market. There was a whole room full of this stuff.
On our tour...
Alex... a very nice guy for example (inside joke)
David and I in front of the underground tunnels that monks used to live in and hide from army's... this was very cool! They have remains still down here that are hundreds of years old and the tunnels are said to now be haunted. Very creepy!
David and I inside the tunnels...
A "park" full of rolling hills that are actually covered gravestones. There was a period of time when religion was banned so all the gravestones were supposed to be destroyed. People of the church came and buried them before this could happen and it is still this way today.
We climbed up this high bell tower and this was the view from the top...
and us again...
We took this picture because David loves to read so much...
Well, now you are caught up with our adventures from our trip. We flew home first class (very fun) and from the time we left David's dads cottage till the time I got to San Antonio it was 30 hours. We were very exhausted but we had a great time and it was worth it. Thanks Alan and Lynda for such a fun time!
8 years ago
2 comments:
I'm so jealous. What part of Ukraine were you in? I never got into eating lard either, but I miss other foods there. It looks like you had a fun time.
P.S. Congratulations on the baby :)
Well thanks Tiff, I never knew I wanted to visit the Ukraine, but now, I believe I do. It's beautiful and you mentioned the word "haunted" which is right up my alley!
In fact, my family and I are all going on a haunted bus tour of Salt Lake City in a few weeks, I'm so excited! (:
You and David are SO cute!
Post a Comment