This could be one of those TMI(Too much information) posts but several people have wondered how I went 13 weeks without knowing I was pregnant and for journaling purposes... here I go!
I had my (BC) removed in May and had some bleeding in June. Fine. July comes and I have one day of bleeding. Fine. I figured it was just my body trying to get regulated. August came and I calculated. If the bleeding in July was a period, then I was late. I waited a few more days to take the test because David was out of town and I did not want to have to keep it a secret very long. Took test. Positive. Yeah! I scheduled a doctors appointment. Told David a day or two later... again Yeah! The day after I told David we went into the Doctor. He asked me if I had any guesses as to how far along I was? No... not really. He started the ultrasound and up popped this little baby on the screen. I'm am not sure what I was expecting to see but I was not expecting to see fingers and toes and baby's hand up by it's mouth(so cute already.) The doctor was surprised as well. He announced "you have a baby in there." And sure enough after doing measurements it was determined I was 13 weeks and 4 days along. Yeah! First trimester over and done! Due date... Feb. 26th!
Looking back, I have been pregnant since early June. People ask "did you not feel sick?" Not really! There were times I felt gross and decided I needed to eat something but thought it was just me wishing I was pregnant or thinking I was when I was not. And as far as the bleeding goes, I did bleed with both my other kids early on in the pregnancy, so that kind of answers that.
I am planning on doing this again with any future pregnancies I might have... skipping one whole trimester of waiting is great! :) And it is going to go by fast with all the excitement of the holiday and then it will be right around the corner.
So, thanks for sticking with me through this TMI post. Stay tuned... 2 weeks and we have our ultrasound. Boy or Girl?
8 years ago
6 comments:
I have to agree, that is the way to go! Unfortunately with all three of mine I have found out like, the next day! We made the mistake of telling everyone with Lucy right away, and endured 9 long months of "any day now, right?" which only increased as I got bigger and bigger (I was HUGE with Lucy). I'm excited, and hope you are blessed with an angel baby like my third was. I told Adam today, "Carlie is a sure sign we are supossed to have more kids. How could we NOT want another baby after her?"
Best of luck, and I am guessing you'll have another boy.
Girl!
I was almost 10 weeks before I found out I was pregnant....too funny!
That is so funny Tiff! I'm so happy for you guys. I can't believe you didn't know that whole time. Congrats!
Who needs the first trimester, anyway? I hate waiting for the ultrasound--my Father-in-law is a radiologist, so I'd usually have him give me an ultrasound a few weeks early just for fun. I have a friend due in early March and it already feels (to me) like she's been pregnant forever. Congrats!
You, my love, are a VERY lucky girl. This is the way to have a baby. Ignorance is bliss. Right? And to Christine's comment, they call those really nice babies, "sucker babies." They sucker you into having another - then BAM! You never knew what hit you! Ask me, I know, number four is still giving me a run for my money.
Wow, that is so great...I have dreams of that happening, but I've always known right away. And just a few weeks until the ultra sound, how fun! Your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment