Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh Aidan!

Aidan turns three in a couple days and I started to reflect on some of the things I won’t miss about the TerribleTwos. These are all things that have happened in the last couple days:

- Aidan wants to take a bubble bath and I tell him “after daddy leaves.” A few minutes later out of nowhere this is the conversation:
“Dad.”
“Yeah Buddy.”
“Leave.”

- After a day of Aidan trying my patience, I tell him:
“Your making mommy sad because your not listening.” (Okay… nobody can MAKE another person feel a certain way, but you get the idea.)
“I’ll make you happy mom… in a couple minutes.”

-Normally Aidan says the prayer all by himself but this particular day he wanted me to help him so I would say something and he would repeat it.
Me- “Please bless the food that it will make us strong and healthy.”
Aidan- Looks up, “I don’t want to bless the food.” (With the biggest attitude you can imagine.

What I will miss about him being little:

- I said to Aidan “Come here honey.”
“I’m not the honey (I’m thinking here we go with the attitude) I’m the jam. And you’re the bread.”
We always talk about family sandwiches and what everyone is.

- “Thanks for dinner mom. It was wonderful.”

- “Mom, I WANT to cuddle with you.”

3 comments:

Jon and Kari-Lynn Tarleton said...

Oh that is so cute. I can't wait until Carter can talk. I'm sure there is good and bad to it though. I think that Aidan kid is adorable though.

Steph said...

Now that camp is over I am in need of a BIG fix of the kiddos. I love them, love them, love them!!! Six Flags....here we come!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, seriously? Could he be any cuter? That's so funny!!

Just For Fun...

My Background