
Anyone that knows me well knows I have an obsession with pinching my ears. I have done it ever since I or my mom can remember, and it drives her and David nuts! I take my ear lobe and pinch it between my finger and fingernail... often drawing blood and leaving my ears scabbed over. I do this when I am nervous, deep in thought, tired, etc.
About 6 months ago Aidan started to play with these two tiny bumps he has on one of his ears that he was born with. He plays with it when he's nervous, deep in thought, tired, etc. Well, this playing turned to rubbing, which turned to picking, which turned to bleeding, which turned to scabs, which led to... a band aid. I am going to try to take care of this before it becomes a life-habit like mine. Aidan sports his band aid with pride and loves to tell people about his owie, but it seems to be working so far.
So I am guess all these years people have been after me to stop this obsession when in reality it was something I could not help... it's clearly genetic.
8 years ago
3 comments:
He sports that band-aid really well. What a cute thing! Jako is so excited! Did you get his latest picture in the mail yet?
I've never heard of doing that before....
Isn't funny how we pass on stuff to our kids that we never wanted to and they pass up all our good qualities and habits?
That is one habit I have never heard of...
Isn't funny how kids pick up our habits that we don't want them to have, and never notice our good ones?
Post a Comment