Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Surprise... Day 8 and 9

Monday we were supposed to be heading home but because of Hurricane Ike our flight was cancelled.
So we took another tram ride to the top of the mountain with Paul and Paula except I just sat inside the lobby... I was trying to feel good! They took a horse ride to a little church at the top of the mountain.


After that, I was done, so went back to the hotel and wasted an extra day in a foreign county... but what can you do?

We said goodbye to Paul and Paula and the next day we managed to catch a flight home. It was the longest flight of my life being sick but knowing that my kiddos were waiting for me at the other end kept me going.

So here is the breakdown of our trip:
Airfare and taxes: 105.00
Hotels: 45.00
Transportation: 250.00
Food: 100.00
Gifts and Souvenirs: 100.00
TOTAL COST= 600.00

Memories= PRICELESS

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! What a deal Tiff! It looks like you guys had a great time, thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you got sick on your trip though, that's no fun. But I'm glad you both made it back safe and sound!
PS, you look so cute in your pictures!! (:
Welcome home!!

Robyn said...

That's such a cool thing that you guys could go back to David's mission--and cheap! (As far as travel goes...) I hope you're feeling better!

Just For Fun...

My Background