The other day I was blog surfing and came across this blog. I was drawn into this tragic story of a young couple who were in a small plane crash a few weeks ago. Both are badly burned and of course the clincher to this story is that they have four young children. 
I found myself wanting to know about the life of this woman whom I have never met and spent the next while looking at her blog (so cute!). I am now hooked on following the recovery of this couple and check here for updates from her sister. (NOTE: They are also accepting donations to help cover medical expenses.) The sadness of this story weighed on me all day and I found myself reflecting. No one knows what tomorrow has in-store for them but for the most part we all get up and go about our day expecting it to be much like the next. It's so easy to forget about all the simple blessings we have!
Then I started thinking about this blog. I have been spying on Charlie Cooper for months, watching this little guy's progress. I shed tears as I watched him struggle and overcome hurdles that no one was sure he would overcome. I was also touched as his parents so eloquently expressed their love for Charlie and their understanding of his purpose to not only their lives, but to all those who hear his story. I know I hug my kids a little tighter every night when I read about all the struggles this little guy has had.
And I can't talk about being blessed without mentioning this blog. My cousin's baby Drew was born at 1 pound 4 ounces and today at nine months old is topping the scales at a whopping 15 pounds, and has no major complications foreseeable in his future. Drew is a walking blessing... or at least he will be in give or take nine months.
And then I can't reflect on blessings without reflecting on my own blessings. I know I take so many things for granted. After David's experience with cancer, when he was considered in remission I thought "I will never take my health or the health of my family and friends for granted again." Now almost 6 years later I often forget to be grateful for the blessing of our good health...(minus the flu Aidan has right now which will be found in another post.) I am grateful for my kiddos, that I know I have food to feed them every night, that we have beds to sleep in... the list goes on. 
So while checking in with these blogs might break my heart, at the end of the day these stories inspire me to be a better mom and wife and make me more thankful for all my blessings.
8 years ago
2 comments:
Amen!!!! What a sweet little post and a great reminder to all of us.
Thanks for this beautiful reflection - we all need reminding!
Post a Comment