Well, it's 7:30 am on mother's day and you might be asking what I am doing up so early? Shouldn't I be sleeping in while my wonderful husband takes care of the kids. Yes! :)David had to work for a couple hours this morning so it's the daily grind for just a few more hours. :) I am actually grateful for this time to reflect on the two munchkins in my life that make me a mother and their great dad, and the mothers in my life. There is no doubt about it... I have been blessed!
David had to go and sit reserve at the airport this morning, and if any pilot calls in sick or doesn't make it for their flight for whatever reason, they will use him. So in the event that they use him and he ends up being gone all day today he gave me my Mother's Day gifts a little early. He and Aidan made a scrapbook page for me including hand prints and pictures! It is so cute! That alone would be the perfect Mother's Day gift but this year I was spoiled. I ended up with a pair of diamond earrings, which was a Mother's Day/ Birthday Gift. They are beautiful! Thanks David and kiddos. Gifts aside, my best gifts ever are Aidan and Brinn. They bring me so much joy and happiness. They constantly keep me laughing and I love watching them grow and become these little people. I always used to ask my mom, "How much do you love me?" and she would say, "More than you will ever know until your a mom." Now I understand and she was right. There is no love out there that even comes close to the way a mom loves her kids!
I have also been blessed with an amazing mom. Anyone that knows her knows just how amazing she is. She is constantly putting her children before herself, in fact she puts almost everyone before herself. She is cute and fun, and was always the "cool mom" growing up. She lights up a room just by being in it and people are drawn to her like a magnet with her outgoing personality. Most importantly, she loves me, my kids, and my hubby! Most people are terrified to become like their mothers, but I hope I can be even half the mom that she is!
One of the reasons my mom is so amazing is because of her mom. My grandma is the most creative grandma, constantly starting fun traditions that have given me memories I will cherish forever. Even though we have not lived by her in many years, she still makes the effort to come and visit often. I love my grandma and am thankful for her every day.
Finally, I was blessed with another mom when I married David. Lynda treats me like one of her own children. She is always available to help, even if that means traveling thousands of miles. She is constantly spoiling my kids... and isn't that what grandmas do best :) I am thankful for her and her love and support.
Like I said, I have been blessed!
8 years ago
5 comments:
What a cute little mother's day message. You forgot to mention your great sister who is also a mom! Just kidding. Happy Mother's day, sis! Love you! You truly are a great mom.
That picture is so cute of all the girls! Brynn is so beautiful! I can't wait to see her and you again. Are you guys coming up for Bear Lake or the Wedding, Or both?
Aren't mothers wonderful? I say that not because I am one, but because I, too, have been blessed by examples of wonderful mothers in my life. I love you tons and tons.....
Yes, I still remember how totally awesome your mom is! She is the cutest. And you are WELL on your way Tiffani! You were the best roomie. I'm so happy for your kids and that they have such a fab mom!
Tiffani and David! I stumbled across your blog from my Amy's (my sister-in-law--so funny)--hope you don't mind! Its so fun to see you guys together and doing so well. Such a cute family! If you've got a minute, check out my blog at robyngreen.blogspot.com. Its so fun to see how all you guys (and everyone else from church and seminary--I've been looking all over, if that's okay) are doing. Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment