Sunday, May 25, 2008

Aidan Loves Chores


I decided that Aidan was old enough to start doing little things around the house to help clean, besides picking up his own toys. So I thought I would start with a small thing here and there... and sorting silverware was just the thing. He LOVES doing it! I know we are still in the "honeymoon phase" but I pray that it lasts! He thinks it is so cool to be doing something that mom used to do! He even wants to sort the dirty ones when they are in the dishwasher waiting to be ran. When he is done it does require a little rearranging by mom, after all it is hard to tell the difference between a large fork and a small one, but I can do it later when he is not looking so as not to undermined his job well done! :) I hope I can still post a blog entry with the same title when he is 16. (One can always dream)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that they are so helpful at this age. It makes up for all the times they tell you no!

Steph said...

I used to dream myself, but now I am too busy dealing with reality. Dream on, my girl!!!!

Kelly Nielson said...

Your family is so cute! I'm glad we found each other. Stacie lives in North Salt Lake and has two boys. Natalie got married last summer and is having a boy in September! We still try to get together once a month or so. We live in Provo while Dave is finishing grad school. Say hi to your mom, she was the best YM leader ever! Take care, Kelly

Robyn said...

Amy just needs your e-mail address to add you to her list. You can e-mail her at amy.rushton@verizon.net.
My kids like to vacuum, too, but they're so short the vacuum doesn't pick up very much. And they like to use the hose attachment to suck up each other's hair!

Just For Fun...

My Background