* The other day I came out to find this on the counter.
Either I have a mouse in the house or...
* "Mom, I want a BumGall." (Yes, that's right... BUMGALL.)
"No gumballs right now. You swallowed your gum yesterday."
(As dramatic as possible) "OooHHHhh Dang!" which turns into crying. "But I want a BUMGALL."
"Sorry."
"Oh dang!" (His new favorite phrase used about 30-40 times a day! I can't help but smile every time he says it!)
* "Mom, I'm sad."
"Why?"
"Because the bubbles are going up into the sky."
"That's what bubbles do... they float into the sky."
"Oh dang."
* Our ferret Daisy was sick I was trying to explain to him that she was sick and that she might die, and all that that entails.
"But I want to play with Daisy. I don't want her to be sick."
2 minutes later: "Mom, when Daisy dies I think I will get a dog." Totally a thought instigated by his own little brain. Could it be that this cute boy of mine is trying to manipulate me in our moment of sorrow... I think so!
Sadly Daily passes away a few days ago and again we were talking about Daisy dying, and what dying is.
"Mom, kitty's and dog's don't die."
Mr. Smartie pants is trying to work me... please let's just have a moment to morn.
* "It keeps getting out of control."
"What does?"
"My shirt."
You could see why that would be a problem... I hate it when my shirts get out of control too!
* "Mom, why is the moon just CHILLIN in the sky?"
"That is where it lives."
"Maybe we can catch it?"
"How are we gonna do that?"
"Maybe a big space ship... that would be silly huh! Or maybe an airplane or a helicocker (yes, you read that right.) That will be silly too!"
I just love this kid to pieces and can't wait to start having little conversations like this with Brinn!
8 years ago
2 comments:
He is just too cute !!!! love you guys
Man, I needed that fix, I was so behind and you've been busy!
First of all, I'm so sad to hear about Daisy!! And you didn't tell me when we talked! Mekhi is going to be so sad. :( ... so, what kind of dog are you getting? haha
Second, Aidan is a gem. Period. All his little comments are just too clever, too cute, too much...give me more!
Brinn is ADORABLE! I want to see her running around soon.
Miss you guys and LOVE you all!!!
Post a Comment