Are you a list person? I am! I love making list.... to do list's, grocery lists, goal lists... you name it, I list it! Almost every day I make a list of things I want to do, half of which are things I didn't do the day before. Eventually the goal is that everything gets done and that nothing gets forgotten. Most the time I end up doing a handful of things that were not on the list, so what do I do? Add them on after I have already done them just so I can cross them out. Yes, I am one of those people. I feel no shame in cheating on my list... clearly those things were just as important as the things that were already on the list. For example- Take a nap. Obviously important. Okay, so I didn't actually add that to my list... I only add those tasks that at the end of the day make me feel productive. Anyways, just a random fact about me.
Speaking of lists... this was on my list of things to do.
Go through clothes- After washing all the new Christmas clothes it turned out I was short on hangers. I decided to go through my kids closets and gather all the old outfits they no longer fit into and pack them away into the garage. This is such a bitter-sweet thing for me. It is so fun to see them growing and changing but at the small again... TEAR! Well, my hanger gathering was a success and as you can see from the pictures it was long overdue! Hopefully this is one thing that won't make my list again for a good long while!
8 years ago
8 comments:
Love the lists, too! I also like to have everything listed on the calendar of things to do during the day- appointments, events... oh the small joys we have. It's pathetic!
This totally made me laugh. I do the same thing about writing something on my list that I've already done, just to have the satisfaction of crossing it off!
I do that too! I make lists, and then add something I've already done- just to cross it off. It makes me feel good about myself. And sometimes that's all I need :)
I'm a big fan of lists, too. I have to do something to feel like I've acually accomplished something, even if the things don;t stay done (like dishes, laundry...)
I even transfer things from one day to the next. If it didn't get off of Tuesdays list, it will have to make to Wed. list. And as long as it takes to get it done. I HATE sorting through clothes too. It's so hard to manage because I need it accessible for the next kid at the right age in the right season. Argh!
See, I knew we were still best friends Tiff! I am such a list person too. That's like one of my favorite things to do every Sunday night. I erase my weekly white board from the previous week, and list all of the upcoming events, duties for the next week. I just don't know how I'd survive w/o lists! Not that I love everything on the lists always, but I just don't feel complete w/o a list to refer to in my life!!
So here's to our lists! CHEERS!
PS I love your new back ground!
I am a list person too, but I write them on my bathroom mirrow with dry-erase markers so I can memorize my list while I am getting ready in the morning.
I just packed away Leah's old clothes today too. It is so sad for 2 reasons: I loved some of those outfits and will miss seeing them, and also sad because I seriously spent all that dang money on clothes that she only wore a few times!!!
I am also a list person and often my hand ends up being my temporary list until I can transfer the forgotten items onto paper.
Post a Comment